Eyelid Surgery & Eyelifts or Blepharoplasty at The Eye Care & Surgery Center in New Jersey
About Blepharoplasty or Eye Lifts
Eye Lift or Blepharoplasty is a popular type of cosmetic facial plastic surgery to help you look your best. Your eyes are one of the most important aspects of your appearance, and one of the first areas to show signs of aging. For some, this can occur as early as your twenties to early thirties. If your eyes project a lack of energy due to overhanging skin and puffiness of your eyelids, you may appear tired or older. Conversely, if the eyes are more open and relatively free of creases and folds, you will probably seem more rested and youthful. In our society, looking your best and preserving your youthful features are important parts of who we are.
Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty
Upper eyelid Blepharoplasty involves the improvement of two characteristics of the aging upper eyelid area. The first is correction of excess skin of the upper eyelid, a condition referred to as "hooding of the upper lid." The second condition that can be corrected is the puffiness that is seen in the inner corner and middle of the eyelid as a result of herniation (pushing forward) of fat located in these areas above the eye. Upper eyelid Blepharoplasty is commonly performed at the same time as lower eyelid Blepharoplasty.
Before and After Photos of Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty
Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty
Lower eyelid Blepharoplasty is a procedure performed to improve the appearance of the lower eyelids, which is the anatomic area that extends from the lower lid eyelashes to the bony rim of the eye socket.
If there is a herniation of fat present, there are two different surgical approaches to remove the fat. The more common technique utilizes an inconspicuous incision that runs just beneath the lash line. An alternative is to enter the fat pockets through an incision made in the inner lining of the lower eyelid. If excess skin needs to be removed, this can only be accomplished through an external approach. The procedure is long lasting and usually never has to be repeated.
Before and After Photos of Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty
You Might Benefit From Eyelid Surgery such as an Eyelift or Blepharoplasty if:
- Your upper eyelids appear hooded
- It's become increasingly difficult to put on eye makeup
- Even after you've had a good night's sleep people ask you if you're tired
- You have puffiness under your eyes that never goes away
- You are developing bulges in the corners of your upper eyelids
- You have trouble keeping your eyes open
- Your upper eyelids always feel heavy
- Your eyes appear to have become smaller
- Your eye makeup smudges very easily
- You've lost the fold of your upper eyelid
- Your peripheral vision is decreased
- You have excess skin and crepe like wrinkles beneath your eyes
- Ever since you can remember you've had baggy eyes
- You have skin breakdown or irritation at the area of excess skin
Before and After Photos of Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty