Eyeglasses, Frames, Lenses & Eyewear at The Eye Care & Surgery Center in New Jersey
About Eyeglasses, Frames, Lenses & Eyewear
Our eyeglass frame selection includes a wide range of designer frames as well as other high quality frames to fit into any budget. The Eye Care & Surgery Center Optical Department is staffed by knowledgeable and experienced Registered and Licensed Opticians who will spend the time necessary to ensure that your frame selection is both comfortable and provides a proper cosmetic appearance for your sense of style. Our Opticians will also review your lifestyle needs and daily activities so that they can suggest the best type of eyeglass lenses for your needs.
The Eye Care & Surgery Center offers the full range of eyeglass lenses including bifocal lenses, progressive addition lenses such as Varilux® Physio®, color-changing lenses such as Transitions® and the specialized high index and polycarbonate lens materials. Our Licensed Opticians will also be able to recommend the application of specialized tints and coatings, such as anti-reflective coatings and scratch resistant coatings, to help you select the most comfortable, durable and functional eyeglasses for your daily routine and recreational activities.
About Eyeglass Frames
The Eye Care & Surgery Center opticians work closely with eyeglass and frame designers and manufacturers from around the world to keep our frame and lens styles current. We are always adding new frames and styles to our selection and are happy to order special sizes, colors and styles if you wish.
Saks Fifth Avenue
About Eyeglass Lenses
- Single Vision: Single vision lenses are used for correcting vision at one distance or range of vision-for example they can correct distance vision such as required for driving, intermediate distances as required for focusing on a computer screen, or for near vision such as required for reading. But in general if you are in your 40’s and your eye doctor finds that you are Presbyopic, a single vision lens may not allow you to have the full range of vision that you need.
- Progressive Lenses: Progressive lenses are prescribed for Presbyopic patients who need vision correction for both reading and distance vision and who wish to be able to see at all ranges without any of the distracting lines found in ordinary bifocals or trifocals. At The Eye Care & Surgery Center we offer Varilux, Kodak, and other lenses to insure easy adaptation and comfort.
- Flat Top Bifocals: Flat top bifocals are lenses that are split into two segments-one for seeing at a distance and one for seeing up close. They may be prescribed for those patients requiring the ability to see both at far and at near without having to remove their eyeglasses.
- Executive Bifocals: Executive bifocals are eyeglass lenses that are also split into two segments, but actually have a line extending along the entire width of the lens. This type of lens may be useful for patients who have require a very wide reading field of vision. A wide field of vision may also be obtained with certain Flat Top bifocals.
- Trifocals: Trifocal lenses are eyeglass lenses that have three distinct segments-one for seeing far, one for seeing intermediate and one for seeing near objects.
- Specialty and Occupational: In addition, should you have any special visual needs for work or recreation, such as sports eyewear or computer eyewear, our Opticians will be able to counsel you on many other eyeglass lens styles that are designed specifically for your activities. Please describe your activities to them so they can help you select the best possible lenses for your needs.
- Plastic Lenses: Plastic or CR-39 is the basic lens material that provides high optical quality, protects against ultraviolet light and is lightweight. Plastic lenses are somewhat prone to scratching so you will need to clean and care for them properly. Plastic lenses can be tinted to almost any color and thus can be used for sunglasses as well.
- Hi-Index Plastic: High Index Plastic is a premium lens material that is a thinner, lighter weight plastic. This lens provides excellent optical quality, ultraviolet protection, scratch resistance, and can be lightly tinted to any color.
- Polycarbonate: Polycarbonate is a premium lens material that is lighter and most impact resistant available. This lens provides excellent optical quality, thinner style lens, ultraviolet protection, scratch resistance, and can be tinted to any color.
- Glass: Glass is the basic lens material that provides superior optics and scratch resistance. Unfortunately this type of lens has a number of limitations including inferior impact resistance, thickness and heavy weight.
- Photochromatic Lenses: Photochromatic Lenses are lenses that adjust their color to outdoor and indoor light conditions. They darken outdoors and lighten indoors but are limited in the fact that they will not change color in the car, as the windshield blocks the UV light which causes the lens to change color. Photochromatic lenses are available in gray, brown, and green tints and provide scratch and ultraviolet protection.
- Anti-Reflective Coatings: Anti-Reflective Lens Coatings are special clear lens coatings that are applied to lenses to reduce glare and enhance visual clarity. These coatings have three main advantages:
- Anti-Reflective Coatings improve vision for both night and day by reducing bright sunlight or the glare from oncoming headlights in nighttime traffic.
- Anti-Reflective Coatings reduce eye fatigue by eliminating ghost images making your vision more comfortable.
- Anti-Reflective Coatings enhance your appearance by reducing reflections on the lens surface.
- The Eye Care & Surgery Center Opticians will be able to answer any question you have regarding anti-reflection coatings and explain the benefits in your particular situation as well as help you select the most durable anti-reflective coatings available today.
- Polarized Lenses: Polarized Lenses are a special type of sunglass lens that is the best for reducing bright sunlight glare and produce excellent outdoor contrast. These lenses have less than half the glare of regular tinted lenses and include scratch resistant coating and ultraviolet protection.
- Lens Tinting: Lens Tinting is an available option that can be done to many lens materials in an array of colors. Lens Tinting helps reduce glare from light or can be used to enhance your appearance.
- Mirror Coating: A mirror coating is a coating that is applied to sunglasses that adds extra protection from sun glare and makes the lens look like.
At The Eye Care & Surgery Center, we offer an excellent selection of sunglasses ranging from very basic designs, sports and special outdoor designs such as for water sports, as well as those from high fashion European designers. All are fabricated for full UV protection.
Saks Fith Avenue
- Sports Sun Wear
- Nike Vision
- Wiley X
- Swim & sports goggles
- Nike Clip-On